YAOSC (Yet Another Old School Clone)
- Con 9 or greater
- Str 9 or greater
- Pre 12 or less
- Dex 12 or less
- Starting stats
- Bonuses and penalties
- Dwarves gain one extra hit point per level.
- They see at half the normal range but can see just as well in the dark as in daylight.
- They move at 3/4 the standard rate.
- Dwarves start play with extra skill points in Craft skills. Choose one of the following options: one point each in three separate skills, or two points in one skill.
- A dwarf may also choose to literally put their lives into their work, permanently sacrificing a point of Con in order to gain a one-time +12 bonus on a Craft check.
- Dwarves cannot cast spells by rote or gnosis, and cannot make pacts with familiar spirits.
- Cultural notes (optional)
- Dwarves feel and express emotion strongly, and tend to be less reserved than other species. While their presence in a community lends great depth to the arts and culture, it also carries the threat of horrendous violence.
- Established dwarven communities tend to have an array of rituals, including baroque mock combats and elaborate communal events, for resolving conflict in a way that allows all sides to vent their feelings and save face.
- Dwarves love crystals. They often prefer gems over other forms of portable wealth and create art that references or includes three-dimensional geometrical motifs.