YAOSC (Yet Another Old School Clone)
- 9 or greater Con
- 9 or greater Dex
- 12 or lower Str
- 12 or lower Pre
- Starting stats
- Bonuses and penalties
- Halflings increase their Dex modifier (not Dex itself) by 1
- They get a +1 bonus to Wariness and Sneak skills (although the latter is often useless in the company of non-halflings).
- Because they are small, they cannot use heavy or reach weapons, and must use normal weapons two-handed for only 1d6 damage.
- In addition, they move at half the standard rate.
- Halflings gain +1 to all defenses when able to move freely. They do not need to fall back during a dodge defense, and may choose to fall back instead of taking half damage if their dodge roll and the to-hit roll are a tie.
- Culture notes (optional)
- Halflings love lightly-populated rural areas, and hate both cities and empty wilderness with equal fervor
- Halflings tend to value companionship and creature comforts over power, fame, and fortune… but are just as prone to greed as a human is to ambition, with similar results.
- Occasionally halflings, especially ones that have lost their homes or loved ones, will become fierce and surprisingly dangerous.